What's New in MotiveWave 4.0
(Released January 12, 2015)
Below is information on the major features and enhancements included in MotiveWave's version 4.0 (since the last major release of version 3.5). Please visit the MotiveWave download page for full Release Notes on each release including minor releases and to download the latest version of MotiveWave.
- Multi-Broker/Data Services - Workspaces can now include connections to multiple brokers and/or data services. Just edit the workspace to add more connections.
- Dark Window Theme - (Windows Only) A new window theme has been added in this update that has dark backgrounds. This is the new default for new users.
- Editions - Changes have been made to the MotiveWave editions. Two new editions have been added and new features have been added to Trade and Professional Editions. For details see Products
- Charts Edition - Replaces Analyst Edition. For details on features see Charts Edition
- Strategy Edition - This new edition is for traders that are developing and executing strategies. For details on features see Strategy Edition
- Order Improvements
- Attach Stop/Limit/Trail - Stop/Limit/Trail orders can now be attached to an order directly from the Trade Panel
- Market Stop/Limit/Trail - Attached orders may now be added to Market orders before it is submitted
- Entry/Exit Strategies - Market orders are now supported in entry/exit strategies
- Close Position - Positions can now be closed with stop/limits directly from the Positions panel for all brokers (and simulated accounts)
- Account/Orders/Positions/Trades Panels - You can now choose the columns that are displayed in these panels.
- Alerts - Orders placed from alerts can now include stop/limit/trail orders.
- Quick Search - The Quick Search box is now available by clicking on the symbol in the chart title area.
- Change Bar Size - A change bar size drop down box will appear if you click on the bar size portion of the price graph title area.
- Increase/Decrease Visible Wave Degree - Two new menu options have been added under the View menu to increase or decrease the "Hide Waves Below Degree" option. For convenience Ctrl+Up and Ctrl+Down have been added to do this from the keyboard.
- Rithmic - Updated to the latest Rithmic API (184.108.40.206)
- New/Updated Studies:
- Linear Regression Channel (formerly Standard Deviation Channel) -
This study has been updated to add the following:
- Signals - Signals added when the price crosses above/below channel lines
- Confidence Intervals - In addition to standard deviations, presets for confidence intervals (50%, 80%, 90%, 95%, 99%, 99.5%) have been added
- Extend Left/Right - The channel lines can be extended all the way to the left or right of the chart.
- Time Frames Study - Enhanced to show the range (high/low) for the shaded time frame
- Study Instrument -Study plots can now be assigned a different instrument from the chart instrument. For example you can plot an RSI on the EUR/USD for a USD/CAD chart. To assign a different instrument, click on the "Options" tab when creating a study plot.
- Study Dock Long Names - Studies displayed in the study dock (below the price graph) now have long names in the tabs (instead of short names). This option can be configured from the Preferences Dialog (Chart -> Options).
- Strategies Use Account Position - A new option has been added to the "Trading Options" panel of strategies that allows the strategy to use an existing account position instead of tracking its account position internally.
- Auto Load Studies - This option (enabled by default) will automatically scan the MotiveWave Extensions directory for updated or new studies/strategies and load them into MotiveWave. If this option is turned off, studies/strategies will only be loaded on startup or if explicitly imported from the Add Study dialog (see Import button). This option can be found in the Preferences Dialog (Chart -> Options).