What's New in MotiveWave 1.2
(Released September 8, 2011)
Below is information on the major features and enhancements included in MotiveWave’s version 1.2 (since the last major release of version 1.1). Please visit the MotiveWave download page for full Release Notes on each release including minor releases and to download the latest version of MotiveWave.
- Mac OS X version – Support for the Mac OS X environment has been included in this release. Please note: all testing has been performed on OS X Lion. If you see issues, please report to MotiveWave Support
- Auto Elliott Wave Enhancements - Improvements to detection of Triangles
- Replay Mode Enhancements – Added ability to replay data using Bar Data. This is especially useful when using larger bar sizes such as hourly or daily.
- Auto Gartley Enhancements – Gartley tools can now be used to automatically plot Gartley Patterns: AB=CD, Alt ABCD, Gartley, Bat, Alt Bat, Crab, Deep Crab, Butterfly and Five-O. Additionally, there are two new tools:
- Auto Gartley - Automatically chooses and plots the best XABCD pattern
- Auto ABCD - Automatically chooses and plots the best AB=CD or Alt ABCD pattern
- Trade Manager Strategy - This is a simple strategy that allows you to enter a position on the close of a bar (if long, the bar must close up, if short the bar must close down). To access this strategy, from the Strategy Menu, choose General -> Trade Manager. This feature is only available in Professional Edition and above.
- Save All As Image - Saves all open analyses as image files.
- Day Range Column – This new column displays the day’s range (High – Low). This may also be displayed on the Chart (Right click -> Preferences -> Display -> Show Day Range).
- 3D Bars – This new bar type is available from the bar type drop down (on the chart tool bar) and displays 3D bars.
- Horizontal and Vertical Shading – Provides alternate shading for the price axis and time axis. Right click on the price graph, choose: Preferences -> Shade Vertical / Shade Horizontal.
- Custom Bar Sizes – Allows you to create your own custom bar sizes. In the preferences dialog (from the Console Menu Bar: Configure -> Preferences), choose the Chart Tab, then 'Bar Sizes'. You can add new bar sizes (specify bar size in minutes) or remove existing sizes.
- Snap Wave Points - This feature will 'snap' Elliott Wave points to the top or low of the nearest bar (View -> Snap Wave Points, or press F5). This can be very useful when drilling down to a lower time frame where the wave points positioned at the higher time frame may 'float' to the left of the intended location.
- Show Ratio Labels - This additional option on ratio components enables you to hide the ratio labels.